Friday, May 14, 2010

C is for Cookie

As I'm writing this blog entry I'm eating a freshly baked rosemary cookie. OK...I'm eating 2 freshly baked rosemary cookies...and one mint cookie!! Tonight I snipped off a sprig of rosemary and a few leaves of mint and chopped them up and made cookies. They are the most wonderful little butter cookies! The rosemary are my favorite by far. I usually don't think of rosemary as a sweet herb but when added with the sugar in these cookies they are SO great! When you bite into them you get this big whiff of perfume-y rosemary and it's just fantastic! The mint ones turned out pretty good too but I definitely need to add more mint next time. Rosemary is so powerful that just 1/2 a tablespoon goes a long way. The mint just needed a little more oomph. I won't be making these again for awhile though; I have 6 dozen (that's right SIX DOZEN) in the freezer...and I only made 1 batch!!

2 comments:

  1. Would you post your recipe? The cookies sound intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm interested in the recipe as well. I never would have thought to put rosemary in cookies!

    ReplyDelete